Atlanta Varsity Showdown
10/30/15 – 11/01/15
Volunteered at the registration desk Friday night
Beginner classes attended as a lead:
- “Adding on to the swingout” with Michael G. and Jaya
- “Building Your Basics (Lindy Hop)” with Michael B. and Dee
- “Partnered Charleston” with Michael and Jaya
Intermediate classes attended as a follow:
- “Solo movement” with Falty. This was a rhythm class. He used a metronome and had us dancing on various beats, emphasizing the 1, 2, 3, or 4 of a measure and moving to eighth, quarter, half, or whole notes.
- “Getting Rhythm: How both partners can independently emphasize rhythm in all the spaces of a dance” with Jenny as a follow.
- “Solo-mazing” with Falty
- Intermediate “Bal-Swing inspired” with Dan and Jenny.
Teacher Training classes:
- Michael B. and Dee. Dee talked about some similarities between teaching elementary school students and dance students. Focus a class on dance shapes vs footwork vs energy. Then they had us analyze a move and try to figure it out in groups of 6.
- Michael G. and Jaya. They talked about influencing people by being enthusiastic about it.
Sweet Georgia Blues
Gotta Dance Atlanta
Greenville Blues Exchange
Lindy Focus 2014
Lindy Focus 2009